Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

Hello... I am considering purchasing a used Samsung ...

Hello... I am considering purchasing a used Samsung front loading washer, model B1113J which, according to the current owner, requires a new part that allows the washer to go into spin cycle - where can I get such a part and what does it cost? Thanks, Andrew
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This front load has a good deal of electronics.

Two areas you need to investigate.

1. Who decided that it need this part? Do they really know that it needs only this part? Are they qualifited to know? If so, did they actually give the part number to be replaced?

2. Is the price that you are purchasing the washer for so low that you can either afford to have someone repair it and/or do the repair yourself? One part that a trained technician absolutely confirmed was bad probably will not be hard to replace.

Bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
1. The seller of the washer, who has bought new appliances instead of attempting to repair this one. I don't know if they are qualified to know, but do mention in their advertisement that they are not handy and decided to replace the pair of appliances rather than attempt to repair... and no, they did not give the part number that apparently needs repairing...

2. The asking price is $250 for BOTH the washer and dryer which are only 2 years old.
Customer

That price is remarkably small. If you are handy and you have the time (from the infomation available) it is good deal.

The dryer by itself would go for about that used.

It would be good to know if an actual technician diagnosed the problem or if someone gave them the information without actually looking at the unit. If it was diagnosed do get the paperwork that should indicate what was found. If it was not, then I would assume that you probably will have to do the diagnostic yourself.

There is help here and parts should not be hard to get. Depending on what it found the repair parts could cost you anywhere from $50.00 to $300.00. Some electronic boards are very expensive.

Bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances