Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.

I have GE Profile built in oven 4 years old. After cooking ...

I have GE Profile built in oven 4 years old. After cooking is done or while sitting it starts beeping intermittently and turns light on and then off by itself.It also displays intermintant cook commands. I have reseated the ribbon cable. I think I should replace the intire control board.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jesse Long replied 6 years ago.
Hi!
Would you be able to supply a model number so that I can give you a definite answer?

Otherwise, the problem would lie where the buttons are located. If the unit has a separate control panel, then you would need to replace that. If the buttons are a part of the the Electronic Range Control (ERC), which is the main board, then that would need replacing. It seems you have some buttons that are shorting out or are stuck.

Also, if you would like to know how to replace it (which from what you have written, I don't think you do), then just supply the model number.

If you have any questions, please post them here. If you are satisfied, please click accept. Also, please leave me feedback so that I know how I am doing.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Jesse Long's Post: The modle is JT915S0F2SS. One more question on the control board a sticker says adjust button sensitivity. How is this done?
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Your problem is either the touch control panel or the electronic control. These are expensive parts so we need to determine which is at fault. Unplug the ribbon connector from the board and leave it unplugged and restore power. Wait for a couple of hours - if the problem recurs - bad control module ( part # XXXXX $183.00 ) If problem does not reoccur then it's a shorted control panel ( part # XXXXX $253.00 ) Parts are available from MARCONE APPL PARTS 1-800-392-7745 . Thanks for using justanswer..

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Tom,
I unplugged the ribbon cable and the problem did not reoccur. The display is now showing an error code "F0". I'm assuming thats because the board is disconnected ? Please advise.

HelloCustomer

Error code F0 means stuck keypad. which doesn't make sense since the keypad ribbon is disconnected, but I 'm sure you have a bad keypad. Thanks for using justanswer

Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.