Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.

Maytag Neptune washer - MAH5500BWW after spinning the clothes

after removing clothes the washer starts to fill with water - one time I opened the door and water went everywhere-what is the fix

It would narrow down the problem if you would do this- - when it starts to fill with water in the manner you described, immediately un plug the machine and see if it stops filling. Report back with findings. Thanks for using justanswer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I unplugged the machine and it continued to fill with water

You need to replace the water valve. ( the part in washer where your fill hoses connect to ). I looked up your model and there are 3 versions of this part depending on the series of your washer. So to get the correct one call MARCONE APPL PARTS ( 1-800-392-7745 ) and give them the model, serial # XXXXX it should say series 83 ,84,85,86,or 87 on your nameplate. They can then determine the correct part. This part is around $35.00 to $40.00 depending on which one it takes. Thanks for using justanswer.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to tom goellner's Post: can i replace myself

Yes , I think so it'sfairly easy to get to and only requires basic tools . Draw yourself a picture of how everything goes together before removing old one if that helps.