DennisH
DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience:  14 years with current appliance repair company
9105687

I have a Robertshaw BK - 423 - 28 electric oven thermostat ...

Customer Question

I have a Robertshaw BK - 423 - 28 electric oven thermostat and am in bad need of a new one or possibly someone that can recharge the bulb on this thermostat. This unit came from a Chambers electric oven and that company is now out of business.My wife will not give up this oven.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I have a supplier I deal with in My area If You can give me the model number of the oven I can see what I can find for You.

Dennis

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DennisH's Post: Dear XXXXXH:
The model number of my Chambers electric oven is
SCO-273. I need a Thermostat Robertshaw BK-423-28.
This thermostat has 8 pins for connections. The present thermostat has a bad bulb. If I could get it charged that would do the job. The actual thermostat is OK it is just the bulb that has lost fluid or gas I don't know which. I shall gladly pay your fee if it leads to a replacement unit or a repair to the existing one.
Thank you
XXXXX XXXXX
President
CUSTOM MAGIC
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.
Customer

I was looking around and found this website>

http://www.antiquegasstoves.com/pages/rebuild.html

thought this might intrest You

Dennis

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DennisH's Post: Dear Sir:
You said you had the thermostat that we need. We made the deposit and instead of telling us how to obtain the thermostat you put us off to a web site with which we have already been in contact. That site, by the way, cannot help us with this problem. We are not happy with the way you have treated us and we will be withdrawing the $13.00 deposit.

Sincerely, XXXXX
CUSTOM MAGIC

President
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.
Never said "I have the thermostat You need" I said I had a supplier i would check with Where I went wrong was I did not type in that He couldnt help I found a website that says they can rebuild robertshaw thermostats I offered that up while I still looked around for one.
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.
Can You supply pictures of all views of the gas valve I might have a match for You I want to visualy verify
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This man is such an expert that he doesn't even know we have an electric oven after telling him this several times--some expert.The company he specified has already told us they cannot help us. This was long before we contacted "Ask Question".
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

That link was to a company that said they could rebuild the robertshaw, reguardless of gas or electric.

I now have a company that has the original Chamber's thermostat.

But what do I know