DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience:  14 years with current appliance repair company

Hi, A lady I take car of does the laundry. We have a brand ...

Customer Question

Hi, A lady I take car of does the laundry. We have a brand new Maytag Dryer. She put a load in and it wouldn''t start. It is plugged in and the breaker box is ok. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

Yes My idea, I would start by opening the door and looking to see if the door switch actuator is not missing, and actualy click the switch by the actuator a few times to make sure it sounds like it is operating the switch.

Let Me know what You find, also supply a model number and approximate age with the next response if You would like Me to guide You further.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DennisH's Post: Hi, the dryer is only a couple of months old. It's a maytag. I can't seem to find the problem so I'm thinking it might be electricity not getting to the dryer. Does it have a reset switch somewhere? Thanks Jeanette
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

If that dryer is a month old DO NOT WORK on it that will void Your warranty call Maytag and have them send a service man.