DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience:  14 years with current appliance repair company

Estate Whirlpool washer fills up slowly during rinse cycle. Why?

I have an Estate Whirlpool Washer that fills very slow in the rinse cycle. It fills fine in the wash cycle. Is it the pump or what?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

You are probably filling with warm water on the wash and the rinse is cold only or is set to cold. You want to turn the water off to the cold hose going to the washer and unscrew it from the washer. There will be a screen in the valve on back of the washer. Use an old toothbrush to scrub the screen.

While the hose is off, open valve and run the hose into the sink or bucket till it runs clear, turn water off and reattach hose to washer.

If the screen does not look plugged with iron, sand, or black shale etc., you may need to replace the valve. Supply me with a model number if the screens are clean and I can look up where you can get the valve and give instructions on replacing the valve.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

That is not the problem. I checked the hoses and filled and rinsed on cold only.

Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

Ok. You checked the hoses and inlet screens to my instructions.

Does your washer say automatic temperature control on it? or does the temperature selector have an automatic and manual setting?

If it is an automatic temperature, the cold fill for wash could be opening the hot and cold valve at the same time because the cold water from your house is too cold. If not any of these, the only thing left is the valve and I would need your model number to help any further.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The model is TAWB600EQO
Expert:  DennisH replied 8 years ago.

Remove power to the washer.

Remove the 2 screws in the console circled in red here

Once screws are removed the console will slide forward and lift up exposing the cabinet top. Remove the clips in each corner and the plug that goes into cabinet

After removing clips and plug, cabinet will tilt forward and slide away.

Turn off water and disconnect hoses to water valve, remove screw from back side that holds water valve to back panel, lift and slide out of holes in back panel, disconnect inlet hose and wire harness.

Reverse disassembly and test.

Here is a link to that water valve you'll need