Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.

Soapy water in dishwasher even on a rinse cycle when ...

Customer Question

Soapy water in dishwasher even on a rinse cycle when no soap has been put in the dish washer for 6 runs and still soap everywhere. where is it coming from??? is there soap in the pipes? I cant figure this out. please help. Its a brand new dish washer!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 8 years ago.

I'll bet you have a water softener. If you do you have to use a lot less detergent or you'll get this problem You really need to put cold water in there a few times to get ris of the suds . Turn the hot water supply off to D.W. and pour cold water in D.W. and let it pump out , continue until it quits making suds. Then start using about 1/3 the soap youare now using NEVER USE any soap not made for automatic dishwashers like you would use in your sink. Thanks for using justanswer

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I realized the "jet dry" solution compartment was open all the way. I guess that stuff creates suds like soap if a lot of it is being released in the rinse cycle?
Yes -like soap bubbles kids use. Thsnks for using justanswer