DennisH
DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience:  14 years with current appliance repair company
9105687

How do I rremove old hose on Kenmore Power Mate Vacuum

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I bought just the hose thinking I could use original connectors. How do you take them off to remove the hose?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Older vacuum with Power MatebI just can't pop off connectors to put on new hose
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There has to be a trick to this. Do the connectors pop off somehow?
LSK
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  DennisH replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Could I get You to give Me the model number off the sweeper for Me and I can see what kind of connectors it has and respond back for You.

Dennis

Expert:  Glenn replied 6 years ago.
Hello

You have been asked a question
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to DennisH's Post: Model # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  DennisH replied 6 years ago.

Hello againCustomer

These can be pretty tricky because You have to remeber the wires here is a break down>

graphic

As You can see by the diagram the hose slips through collars and onto the connector You connect the wires and slip the collar down onto connector and it either snaps on or twists on.

If the collars squeeze to release they usualy have tabs You can see.

Twist off style collars, if You hold the end facing away from You they turn clock wise.

I cant find a good picture of the two types so You can tell which one You have but they both come apart fairly easy.

Unfortunately they can use either one depending on attachments Usualy the wired hoses have the squeeze release.

Hope this helps

Dennis

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

What do you use to remove the squeeze type connector?Do you use a vise?I see 2 small slots is that for a screw driver?

Expert:  DennisH replied 6 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Yes carefully releasing them with a screwdriver is fine JUST BECAREFULL.

Dennis

DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience: 14 years with current appliance repair company