Glenn
Glenn, Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
281739

I have a question about a refrigerator that leaks water out ...

Customer Question

I have a question about a refrigerator that leaks water out of a small hole that is located in front of main drain hole I have gone through pulling back panel off freezer wall and pushing evap coil up to see if anything was blocking main drain line but found no blockage. When you pour water down into drain pan even so slowly it leaks from this hole water also drains into main pan there is no blockage. What in the world could be causing this and why is that small hole there. Amana Mod #TSI25TW Ser # XXXXX   Customer says that water drains from this hole every time it goes into defrost mode. Need answer quick have to be back out 04/03/2008
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.
Hello
The bulk head fitting is leaking replace it
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how do you re place it do you have to remove upper panel inside refrigerator itself or do you have to remove bottom panel inside freezer to get to it. Also do you know what the part number might be.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have to go to work now but will be checking back later about 9:00 or 10:00 am Thursday hope you migh be around.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Well it's 10:41 will try to go it alone will wait 10 more mins to see if you can get back to me.
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

Hello

It goes inbetween the inside and the outside underneath

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What do you mean are you talking about the piece on the back of the refrigerator the is screwd on and has the tube connected to it that goes into freezer under drain pan. Is that the part?
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

Hello

no the piece is on the drain pan itself

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do I have to move evap coil out fo the way or is there some other way to get to it?
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.
You may have to move it it should have enough tubing going to it to move it out of the way
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a part # XXXXX the part so I can get part first to look at it?
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

Hello

click on this link I think this is what you need if not use the serch button

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=103475&PPStack=1

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is the picture shown the part that little rubber grommet is what needs to be changed?
Expert:  Glenn replied 8 years ago.

Hello

I believe so

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

That grommet that you were talking about is a motor grommet and is not for the drain pan. I have another question that I asked about you probably can find it whereverthey put them but here it is again.

I have a drier that I am working on and someone else worked on it before me and changed out the motor relay in the control panel on top of unit where all of the controls are. What is happening is you don't have to push the start button to start drier it starts automatically and won't shut off till you turn timer to off. It sounds like the motor relay in the control panel where the timer and all the other controls are is buzzing and staying engauged. What is causing the drier to stay running without pushing start button? If I pull the pink wire going to the start relay's coil side it won't run then you can push the start button and it will start but when you let go of the start button it won't continue to run. The motor is new because the parts guy said it was the motor but he was wrong. I tried to tell him that but people won't listen.Make is Kenmore Mod#110.68942890 Ser # XXXXX
(Online) -- 2 Accepts/8 Questions