DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience:  14 years with current appliance repair company

I put a new thermostat and heating element in my Whirlpool ...

I put a new thermostat and heating element in my Whirlpool dryer and it still won''t heat up. Any suggestions?

Yes there is a safety fuse that needs to be replace there are a couple diffrent styles if You send Me a model number I can get an exact replacement for You and tell You how to install it.

Thank You

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a Whirlpool model # XXXXX

Hello againCustomer

This is most lekely the cause a non resetable thermal fuse there is one other in Your unit if You have access to a multi meter I could have You determine for sure which one is at fault.

Link to most common>

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not have access to multi meter. What shall I do?

Thats OK Carol,

Just replace both they are not that expensive here is a link to the kit that comes with the upper and lower heater box safeties

I dont see the lower bad very often usualy just the upper one or the thermal fuse I sent You the link to first.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Dennis, Now that I see the picture I replaced the lower one (3390291) I don't remember seeing the other Where is it located?

The heater box is the square sheet metal tube the heater went into when facing the back of the dryer with the rear panel off they are on the left side of the tube one at the bottom and one at the top, I see the top one failed more often than the bottom.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Dennis, I'll try that tomorrow morning.

Ok let Me know how it goes.