MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH4000AWW Bought in 2000 or 2001.

Customer Question

Maytag Neptune Washer MAH4000AWW: Bought in 2000 or 2001. Now door won''t lock...so won''t spin at high speed. Was a class action lawsuit settled in 2005 for this problem but we were not a part of it since we had no problem at that time. Seems to wash OK but won''t spin...so leaves clothes absolutley soaked when cycle done.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MrBill replied 9 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com

Sounds like you might just have a simple door lock issue. Washer won't spin if the door isn't lock, one other thing to check is going to be the motor control board,, sits down by the motor, usually the cause of the issue you are having.

anymore questions feel free to ask

thank you

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: OK...so the motor control board may be causing the problem..."check" the motor control board for what? I know it is down at the bottom of the rear of the machine. Can you please say what to look for by describing it for me? Then based on examples of what I might find, please detail what is the next step I need to take.
Thanks.
P.S. (The warranty and/or repair calls for Maytag are being done by "Appiance Doctor"... which does not have a very good reputation in this area.)