Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...

Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field

washing machine performa

Customer Question

"Performa" washing machine from Lowes < 2 years old will not stop filling thus water all on floor
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman replied 6 years ago.
so it is over flowing? Correct?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes - it just keeps filling - for hours if left unattended!
Mahalo-
What is the model number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
3 speed heavy duty, 12 cycle
model number location? not on inside lid,front or back of machine., Where else can I look?
Sorry-

ok this is a Maytag, you can look here

graphic

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

Let's start with the basics first, why you are looking.

Is the drain hose extending more than 8" (20.3 cm) into the drainpipe?

The drain hose may be too far down inside the drainpipe (standpipe) or laundry tub. Drained water can siphon back into the washer if the drain hose extends too far down. Check that the drain hose does not extend more than 8" (20.3 cm) into the drainpipe or laundry tub. Using the U-shaped drain hose form, as described in the Installation Instructions, will provide the appropriate length of drain hose in the drainpipe or laundry tub.

Is the drain hose taped onto the drainpipe? Is top of the drainpipe covered in tape?

Do not seal the drain hose into the drainpipe with tape. The drain hose should be loose, yet secure. There must be a gap between the drain hose and the drainpipe to allow air to flow through. The air gap will break the suction. This will keep water from continuously being sucked out of the machine (siphoning) as it fills.

Is the drainpipe (standpipe) less than the minimum height of 39" (99 cm)?

Check that the top of the drain is at least 39" (99 cm) high (as measured from the floor.) If the drain is below 39" (99 cm), the water will start to flow out of the machine due to gravity. The flow of water can create suction (siphon) and the water will continue to drain out of the washer.

This is copied from Maytag's website

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
doesn't look like that but I found this
Mod
PAVT920AWW
SER
27452420JP
That's it, did you see my last post?

This is what you should look for

graphic

graphic

graphic

If this isn't the problem, then it is very possible that you fill switch might be going bad.

here is a parts breakdown of you machine

graphic

You can look at the parts discription here

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=152198&ModelNum=PAVT920AWW&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=58784&Position=3&mfg=Maytag&Type=Appliance&Mark=2