Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field

Hello, we have a fisher paykel clothes washer gwl10us.

Hello, we have a fisher paykel clothes washer gwl10us. Last night we had a power outage. When power came back on the machine will not work at all. No lights or any thing. We unplugged it for 15 mins. as directed, still nothing. Called back again and they said it could be the motor control borad, or display borad. They said only the repair guys have the tool to figure this out. One reason I bought this unit was so I could make the repairs. Any sugestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman replied 8 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

Did you check the outlet to see if there was power there? Sounds like the breaker has tripped.

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes there is power to the plug. We pluged other things into it and they worked. Any other sugestions

Unfortiantly then I need to agree with the upper info, it sounds like the power surge may have blown your control board.

You should be able to go here to request the parts you need to replace it. You may also look to see if it is still under warranty.