Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field
283538

I have a Kenmore Coldspot model 106.56536400 refrigerator ...

I have a Kenmore Coldspot model 106.56536400 refrigerator and the ice maker has stopped working. The light by the ice maker on-off switch is blinking red.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

Unplug the fridge for 10 mins, then plug it back in, make sure that both of your controls are set on medium

This should reset it

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman's Post: I unpluged the refrigerator last night and removed the ice maker to ensure that no ice was jamed in the mechanism. This didn't solve the problem.

Ok, I found that this is a common problem with this brand, here is a forum that can help you repair yours

http://forums.partselect.com/refrigerator-freezer-repair/kenmore-coldspot-not-making-ice-1131.html

Read the whole forum (Mainly the last 3), it has the complete repair information

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman's Post: didn't work. Called sears and they came out and replaced the unit. The board was bad.

Glad you got it fixed, that was going to be the last resort, I know that the boards aren't cheap..

I hope you come see us again... :)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your help.
Your Welcome and Thanks for the Accept