The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have an AMANA gas dryer (LGA30AW) that stopped heating.

I have an AMANA gas dryer (LGA30AW) that stopped heating. All the controls work fine, just no heat. What should I look for?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

There are a few things that can make your unit stop heating. A bad gas valve, bad temprature sensor, Ignitor out, etc.

Ok what I have done is upload the service manual for your unit. It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated.
You can get it by clicking here.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am unable to download the file with the diagnostic proceedures. I use AOL and the format the file is in doesn't like AOL. Can you send the file in Adobe?

What it is is that AOL doesn't like rapidshare.com. I will see if I can find a host that you can use.

FYI .pdf is Adobe

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can't accept you answer until I can download the file you sent me. As I stated,I have AOL and I can't download the file. In your 3/7/08 response you stated " I will see if I can find a host that you can use".

Sorry for the delay. Finding another site where you would not have to go through a bunch of registration garbage was a bit tough. There are plenty of sites out there, but 85% of them are supported by inappropriate advertisements.

There will be a popup window. Just close it out. Wait till the timer counts down and click on download this file.

http://upload2.net/page/download/9AAE3ezj8mc0HaJ/RS3200007R0_Amana_Dryer.pdf.html

Let me know if you have any problems.