The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Kennmore refrigerator with the freezer on the ...

I have a Kennmore refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. Since Christmas I have had to defrost it four times, it is not making ice, it is not keeping food frozen, and now it is making a loud noise. Do you have any suggestions?

If I were to make only one suggestion that would be to have a service tech look at the unit.

You have a few things that are probably a cascade effect of the origonal problem.

The origonal problem was most likely a defrost timer gone bad. When you defrosted the unit it solved the problem temporarily each time. The last time it probably ruined the fan motor, and that is why it isnt cooling as it should. If the air can not move then the only thing that happens is the condenser coil ices up, and in essence you have an ice box instead of a freezer.

As these repairs require quite a bit of disassembly I recommend that a professional do the repairs. It is not a novice DIYers repair.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.