The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Does the Maytag A806 have a fuse or circuit protection ...

Does the Maytag A806 have a fuse or circuit protection for the drive motor. If so where is it or how do you reset/replace it?

If your thinking about that little red button that you can reset an electric motors with then no there is not one on washing machines.

If the motor will not work then it needs to be replaced.

I would be sure that there is not another problem before you purchase the motor. The motors in washing machines are very durable and usually out last rthe rest of the unit.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I called several hours ago. In the meantime I acquired a troubleshooting diagram and schematic from another source.

Your information, although correct, was incomplete.

To the best of my knowlege there is no reset for these models. Circuit protection is provided by the household breaker system.