The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

My Kenmore dishwasher Model 363.14032000 S/N MZ311828R ...

My Kenmore dishwasher Model 363.14032000   S/N MZ311828R does not go through the cleaning cycles. It begin phase one and just keeps running indefinitely. If I slowly rotate the control knob it will start the next cycle (Wash, Rinse, drain, dry etc.) but stays in that operation and not move the dial to end or begin the next cycle. All functions seem to work properly but will not move from function to function. Any idea of what repair possibility might be -- What part -- where to get it -- what it might cost -- how to replace it?

Hi Customer;

The problem is going to be the timer itself. They are about $65.00. They are available here.

For a breakdown of the door assembly go here and click on view diagram in the upper right of the page.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: Using an on line troubleshooting tool on another web site, I had already believed that the timer had to be the culprit. The remainder of my problem is that I need to be able to return the part if it does not correct the problem and I see that part site does not offer that option. I'm unwilling to put $84 into this part with no return and refund opportunity if the fix does not work. The whole washer can be replaced for less than $250 and it is 8 years old. Is there a way around this no return policy?

Im afraid that there are no outlets that will guarentee that you can return an electronic part. Most will not allow it and those that do always have disclaimers that they can fall back on to disallow the return.

Rest assured that the timer is the problem. There is nothing else that is going to cause this problem.