Steve G., Handyman
Experience:  Very handy with appliance troubleshooting and repairs.
329447

looking for a creda washer door - hinge broke and ...

Customer Question

looking for a creda washer door - hinge broke and we''re looking for a replacement door. model 17064e or cwa242 serial number 21173430 [creda 1000 super speed economy plus, eco-wash series
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.
Are you in the UK?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve G's Post: no, but at this point i'd be willing to fly there to if it will help ;)
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

Lol. That's OK, I just wanted to know where you would be ordering one from. Creda is a brand better known over there.

Give me a few mins.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

Here is the hinge. I can't cross reference this washer to a Hotpoint (which it should be and would allow us to search US sites) but this hinge is for your washer.

It is in the UK but is only $20: Here. Shipping may be another $20.

Can you check the model number of the washer one more time. Thanks.

Steve G., Handyman
Experience: Very handy with appliance troubleshooting and repairs.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve G's Post: yes, that's the hinge for the CWA262, however we need the door handle. that's the piece that broke.
i could send you a photo if that would help?
sorry, i only referenced the hinge because I was hoping for a full door replacement and didn't know what else to call the 'door handle locking thingy'.
my model number is XXXXX cwa242 [i just double checked]. maybe it's a matter of calling the company and seeing if the 2 model numbers are interchangeable.....which i'm happy to do if you don't find anything else out. i did a search for the cwa242 with 0 results.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

OK. So it's the door handle (thingy). ;)

Let me see what I can do.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi. any luck today?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

Not on a site where you can purchase the handle directly.

This place should have it: sales@gwhitedist.co.uk

Their website is down and dirty but they are reasonably well known for Creda/Hotpoint parts.

I can email them but you know your location etc.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i just shot them an email. fingers crossed. thanks for your help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
darn....email didn't work.
just my luck lately
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

Did it bounce back?

They have a phone...from the US, it would beNNN-NN-NNNN436 018

I hope they're still in business :)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i'll try them tomorrow early am. i'm starting to think that it's time to get a new little washer. any suggestions. it can't be bigger than 23" deep or wide.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
apparently they are out of business. no answer to my questions on phone or email. am i giving up?
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

No. We'll find it.

Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

Here you go. The one at the bottom fixes a 17065e. The picture may be a stock photo (and not the actual thing) but you may want to give them a try.

http://www.sparesrus.co.uk/srushop/wm-handle-01.htm

Email is sales@sparesrus.org.uk

They say they only ship to the UK. If that's the case you can send it to my Mum and she will mail it here :)

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok, just emailed them with helpful snapshots of the tragedy.
i have a friend in Bristol that would be happy to help if they won't ship to the US. Thanks for offering up your mother, though appliance.justanswer.com/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-laughing.gif" border="0" alt="Laughing" title="Laughing"/>
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

No probs. Mum would stick it in one of my care packages. I have to have my Cadburys choccy and Bisto gravy granules!

Good luck. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no response via phone or email.
Expert:  Steve G. replied 6 years ago.

I have an email into another parts distributor. Hopefully I'll get a reply in the AM.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks. sorry this is so difficult!