The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

The clothes in my Whirlpool Duet washer are still very wet ...

The clothes in my Whirlpool Duet washer are still very wet after a normal cycle? What can be wrong?

This is a problem that is really not so much a problem but an indicator that there is something that is not working right.

In your case it is the door lock switch. It tells tha computer whether the door is locked properly. If the door is not locked properly the washer will not spin at full speed. This leaves your clothes all soggy. Yours is not sending the proper signal to the computer.

The lock indicator will need to be replaced.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

The door lock sensor is a device that sences the proper activation of the door lock mechanism. It is located near the door lock.