The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

My Fisher & Paykel DD603 dishwasher works for a few

My Fisher & Paykel DD603 dishwasher works for a few minutes, then stops and flashes the progress icon, and beeps. Is this a problem that I can fix myself (I am good with repairs), or do I have to call a repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 8 years ago.

if this is a "dish drawer " style dishwasher and i think it is it is a fairly complex appliance. the first thing that happens after the drawer is closed is the lid will close, there are two small motors inside the cavity that ram the lid up or down before water enters the dishwasher, then the dc voltage hi rpm pump begins to run. it is possible you are hearing the lid trying to close and failing to do so it will stop. this dishwasher has a diagnostics mode which can be entered but you need the service manual which is attached to the back wall inside the cavity ( you can see it if you pull the drawer all the way out but you cant reach it without removing the drawer from its roller guides.)

hope this is of some help

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to tom goellner's Post: I hear the motor close the lid, it runs a couple more minutes, then stops again. There is no diagnostic that comes up on the display. Is there any way to isolate the problem by swapping a component from the bottom dish drawer with the top one? Is there any way to get my hands on the diagnostic manual? I'd rather order a part than pay for a service call.
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

You can enter the diagnostics mode by pushing keylock,and holding it in. Then push and hold start/pause in that order. If you push start pause first it just counts through a delay start.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances