Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field
283538

Maytag Atlantis washer The problem is that when it ...

Maytag Atlantis washer      The problem is that when it gets to the rinse cycle, it just stops. The wife says if she opens the lid and drops it closed, it will then rinse and finish it's cycle. Sometimes it works right, but most of the time it doesn't.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

That sounds like the door switch is failing, if she drops the door down it may be making the contact it needs to finish.

Can you give me the model number; I can then get you a parts breakdown and part number.

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Maytag mdl.# XXXXX    Is there any way of spraying the switch with something like WD-40 or something else to clean the contacts? Where is this switch?   Thanks      Alfred

These are enclosed switches, you can try to blow some air inside the switch to see if maybe some lint or something is in it.

They are only around $20 to replace here is the parts list and a place to order if you wish

graphic

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=263666&ModelNum=MAV6200AWW&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=52405&Position=3&mfg=Maytag&Type=&Mark=4

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
What is the item or part that i would need ?

I am sorry, I should have posted that to start with

it is #3 on the breakdown, and Part number PS65213

I see you went offline, if you need more help let me know