Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field

Jenn air stove mdl. JES9800ACW the keypad no. 6,7,8,9,0 ...

Jenn air stove mdl. JES9800ACW the keypad no. 6,7,8,9,0 don''t work. One day when the stove wasn''t in use the keypad dinged and the message on the keypad read" remove probe from oven" the stove has never worked the same since then. I''m wondering what has to be changed---- the keypad or timer or both?

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

I would say that you control panel is going out and needs replaced, here is a parts list and pricing for a new one, it is #1

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you think I would have to change #5 the clock timer? I was told I would have to change both and that they would have to be changed at the same time because they are a matched set. Can you help me with this question, this has me confused.

According to the link I sent you can buy these separately, so I don't believe that the match set is true in this case. even if it was, you would just have to have the proper documentation to match when you order the second. Sounds like someone trying to sell you more then you need.

I would start with the cheaper of the two, then if you have to change out the timer.

One thing to think of though, You will have over $500 invested in parts, you may want to consider the amount you are going to spend on a used stove as opposed to purchase of a new stove. Just my thoughts.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Michael L             Thanks for responding to the second question. Kind of my gut feeling on the matter. In regards XXXXX XXXXX price of the parts, I know what you mean, but I paid over $2500.00 fo the stove.   Thanks again.   Alfred

Thanks for the Accept, Feedback is always welcome

Yea you pay a higher price for something then they rack you on the parts, good luck.