Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field
283538

My ISE model 5-58A garbage disposal is not draining, and ...

My ISE model 5-58A garbage disposal is not draining, and water backs up into both side-by-side kitchen sinks; I''ve tried a plunger, which does nothing. There is a little pouch with an allen wrench attached to the dispoal, saying "reduce service calls - use this self-service food waste dispenser wrenchette to free accidental jams." However, I don''t see where or how to use the allen wrench. Please help. Thanks!

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

It sounds like either your trap is clogged; you will need to remove it and clean out the obstruction. Make sure to have a bucket near by to catch the water from the sinks.

If the trap is clear, then you will need to get yourself a sewer auger from a rental place, or have a company come auger it for you.

As far as the wrench, it is made for when the garbage disposal is jammed.

Here is a movie, to install a disposal; at the end of the move it shows how to use the wrench.

http://video.about.com/homerenovations/Replace-a-Garbage-Disposer.htm

Another thought would be to use a drain king. This will cause a seal in the pipe to allow the pressure to build up. These are only around 10 to 15 dollars. Best tool to have for the price...lol

graphic

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.