Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...

Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field
283538

I just used the self clean on my double oven (cleaning ...

I just used the self clean on my double oven (cleaning the bottom oven). Both doors lock during cleaning, but when it was finished only the top door unlocked and the bottom door oven which I was cleaning will not unlock. I tried unplugging the appliance for a few minutes but it will still not unlock
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman replied 6 years ago.
Make and model please?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman's Post: Maytag Gemini, Model # XXXXX

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

How long has it been since you cleaned it, if it is still hot it needs about a hour to cool... Let me know the time that has pasted

I also found this in the manual

graphic

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

See post edit above
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I also tried the method in the manual but it did not work. It has been approx 5 hours since the cleaning ended.

ok, try reseting the factory settings

The control can be reset to the factory default settings. To

return to the default settings:

1. Press and hold upper oven Keep Warm and CANCEL

pads for three seconds. A single beep will sound and 12:00

will appear in the display.

2. Reset the clock to the current time of day.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried that too! I guess I need to call a repair man in.

Unfortunately it sounds like the lock itself is failing, I would suggest that you do have a repairman to look at that, do you have the number for there repairman?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
YES, BUT THE MAIL BOX IS FULL, THAT IS WHY I CONTACTED THIS SITE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP ANYWAY.
Sorry to hear that, is this where you called

Customer Assistance at 1-800-688-9900

That is not good business.

Sorry I couldn't help you more then what you have already tried

Experience: 15 Years in the Maintenance field