The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

maytag washer model la412 series 02 serial number ...

maytag washer model la412 series 02 serial number 311592-ta question- when running the washer will squeak once in awhile. wghat is that from?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 8 years ago.

The squeak is from two pieces of metal that come into contact with each other where the lubrication has worn off. Either that or you have a house mouse that thinks he's funny.

Sorry but I couldn't resist the mouse part.

The washer that you have has over 200 moving parts in it. Unless you can tell me from where exactly it is coming from I am sorry but I really cant be of much help.

What I can do is help you to locate the squeak.

You will need a piece of garden hose about 3 feet long, and a phillips head screwdriver.

Begin by removing the two screws at the base of the washers front panel. Pull it out and down and it will come free.

Start the washer as usual.

Placing the hose near your ear use it like a stethoscope to locate where the noise is coming from. CAUTION! this trick can amplify sounds many times. Do not put the hose directly to your ear. It can cause temporary defness and possible premanent damage to your ear if the noise is loud enough.

Once you have cone this just let me know and we can go from there. It may be something as simple as a squirt of grease.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.