Edward
Edward, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Small and large Appliance Technician, Electronic Tech., Handyman, 40+ years ex
3134513

How do I clean my washing machine from the inside

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Edward replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Fill your washer using hot water and the largest load setting. When the washer starts to agitate, add 3 to 4 cups of distilled white vinegar to the water, and then add 1/2 cup of baking soda. Let the washer agitate for about a minute, turn the washer off and let the water sit for about an hour. CAUTION: If the tub of your washer is porcelain enamel you will need to contact the manufacture for it's suggestion on the cleaning since long exposure to acids can etch & roughen porcelain enamel tubs. This could make the tub damage fabrics and cause the metal parts of the tub to rust. Click here and the link below for more information.

Washer and Dryer Preventative Maintenance Tips

The Washer and Dryer

Should you require further clarification, never hesitate to ask. It would be my pleasure to clarify my answer to your question. If after reviewing the above information, you have additional questions, I will be glad to answer them. My goal is your 100% satisfaction with all questions I answer.

Please click the green ACCEPT icon if you feel I have given a complete answer, and you are satisfied with my answer. Positive feedback and bonuses are always greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Edward

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer.

If you accept my answer please leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help enabling me to clean my washing machine. I will give it a try later. Thank you.