Steve, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech since .1999 I have done warranty for all major brands.ANY BRAND ANY PROBLEM

my whirlpool dryer Model #LER4634EQ1 will not operate ...

Customer Question

my whirlpool dryer Model #LER4634EQ1 will not operate on any cycle. Timer is advancing. Timer does stop advancing when dryer door is opened.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Steve replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomerThank you for useing just answer I will be able to help with this.
First thing you should do is unplug your dryer. Next you should remove the back panel there what is called a thermal fuse it is about 2 inchs long and about 1/2 inch wide and is white. The location is down on bottom by were the vent hose attaches. you will need to unplug wires and test continuity . If you do not have volt meter you can hook the two wires together put some black tape on them so they cant touch any thing. Then plug dryer back in and start im sure it will run.OK Make sure you replace thermal fuse that is what makes sure dryer does not over heat.You can get that at any appliance parts outlet they all should have it in stock. I go thur about 50 or so a year. Im glad i was able to help with this anything else i can do to help let me know. Please be sure to accept and leave feedback. It is what make this easyer for me to help with problems like this one. Thanks Integrity Appliance