Jesse Long
Jesse Long, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained and Warranty Certified for GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, Speed Queen, Amana, Electrolux

For Jess Long

Customer Question

I found the problem but it had nothing to do with your proposed repair. I took the water inlet part off as you directed and reinstalled it, same problem. I then took it off again ane took it completely apart and found the two plungers/pistons that allow the water to flow. water is leaking around one of the pistons the other is water and air tight. I switched the two pistons and the water is now leaking from the cold water side so that piston is allowing water to bypass its worn surface. Solution: the entire unit will probably have to be replaced. Thats how these things work on our "modular" world ss I'm sure you know, more profit for the parts people.
Take the $15 if you think you've earned it. If y'all need help with troubleshooting Maytag washer water inlet leaks get back to me, but it'll cost you $15.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jesse Long replied 8 years ago.

I am a little confused at this point. What are you deaming the water inlet? Is it the part that the hoses from the outside of the washer connect to?
What plungers are you talking about? Inside the plastic water valve where the hold and cold lines attach from the outside?
What do you mean by "reinstalled" it. Did you replace it with a new one? I did state for the repair to replace it.
There is no need for accusations here, I do appliance repair as a full time job. I am factory trained and fully warranty certified to work on these units. It is a little tough when we do this on the internet.