Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

I have a frigidaire side-by-side (dont have the model ...

I have a frigidaire side-by-side (dont have the model #) I am not getting water to the icemaker or the water dispenser. I can manually fill the ice maker and it will make ice. The auger works and will dispense ice. The filter is not plugged. the water dispenser lever clicks but i hear no other noises?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 9 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!
Ok, the fact that you fill the ice mold with water and it makes that batch of ice tells us the ice maker most likely is not the culprit. 2 thinks might be the problem, the fill tube that fills your icemaker may be plugged, or the fill valve that feeds your icemaker. You need to do some checking, the ice fill tube comes out the rear of the freezer from outside.

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.

__________________
Please "ACCEPT" when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Positive Feedback is very important. Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: The tube running to the ice maker is clear of obstructons and the soleniod is not receiving power. Could the ice maker not be sending a signal to it for fill?
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 9 years ago.
It is possible that the ice maker is bad , but remember the ice maker only gives the solenoid 110v for 6 seconds at the end of the harvest. Here is a test, you will need a meter to check ac voltage. Unplug the 2 wires from the solenoid hook up your meter to the wires to check ac voltage. Grab the ice maker fingers and advance the finger rake about an 1/8 of a turn. This will start the icemaker. Be patient, this will take a moment or so, watch your meter. If no voltage is present at the end of the harvest cycle, your icemaker is the problem. If you get 110v, you solenoid is bad.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.

__________________
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!