Jesse Long
Jesse Long, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained and Warranty Certified for GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, Speed Queen, Amana, Electrolux
7171957

I have an LG side by side refrigerator lrsc26923tt. The ice ...

I have an LG side by side refrigerator lrsc26923tt. The ice cube tray overfills, spilling into the dispenser. How can I adjust the water level?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jesse Long replied 8 years ago.

Hi!
There is no way for the water level to be adjusted. It is preprogrammed into the control board on your fridge. One of two components may need to be replaced. The first, and cheapest way to go, is the water valve in the back/bottom of the fridge. It could be not closing right and allowing too much water into the icemaker. The second, and more expensive, problem is that it could be the board in the icemaker. The icemaker controls how long the water valve stays open to allow water in.
LG's come with leangthy warranties. Check your owners manual to make sure none of these parts fall under warranty before trying anything. If they do fall under warranty, call a local authorized servicer to do the work. It's always cheaper in the long run.

If you have any other questions, please post them here. If not, please click accept. If you are satisfied, please leave me feedback so that I know how I am doing.
Thank you!