Jesse Long
Jesse Long, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained and Warranty Certified for GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, Speed Queen, Amana, Electrolux

the rinse/spin cycle used to be so silent i didnt ...

the rinse/spin cycle used to be so silent i didn''t know it was even running on my 6 year old Maytag Neptune front load washer. Now i can hear it upstairs. it''s not moving or out of balance but is very loud. it''s a very even, no grinding sound.
If it is only loud on the spin setting, then you have a bearing problem. The bearing is what is in between the tubs and the transmission to allow fluid movement. The definite way to know you need a bearing is if the unit sounds like a plane taking off. The transmission and bearing would need to be replaced. This can most likely be done under warranty, so check the back of the owners manual to see if it does fall under warranty for at least the parts. If so, contact an authorized servicer in your area.

If you have any other questions, please post them here. If not, please click accept. If you are satisfied, please leave me feedback so that I know how I am doing.
Thank you!