Jesse Long
Jesse Long, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained and Warranty Certified for GE, Whirlpool, Maytag, Speed Queen, Amana, Electrolux

how do i know which part to buy for icemaker

Customer Question

icemaker in fridge stopped making ice,won''t fill tray with water,other functions still working(water in door and corkscrew for ejecting ice)
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jesse Long replied 8 years ago.
Unfortunately, this can be one of two problems.
The most likely problem is the ice maker itself. This can be ordered at an appliance store.
The second possibility, although unlikely, is the water solenoid in the back of the fridge. This is what sends the water to the ice maker or the dispenser, depending on what is asking for it.
I would start with the ice maker. If you would like me to look up the part for you, I will need the model and serial number.

If you have any questions, please post them here. If not, please click accept. If you are satisfied, please leave me feedback so that I know how I am doing.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
amana model drs2662ac every now and then the part turns that pops the cubes out while making unfamiliar humming noise
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This website will give you a reference:
AP Depot
If look at the parts diagram, it will show you what the icemaker is and where it goes. You just have to enter your model number, then click on Icemaker on the left side after it loads. You need part number D7824706Q. This is not the part listed there because the number on the diagram subs to a new number, which I have listed for you. You can either order it off a website using that number, or take the part number to an appliance store near you.
Hope this helps!
Thank you.