The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Washer#wwsr3090t purchased 8/1/96. Tub is turning clockwise ...

Washer#wwsr3090t purchased 8/1/96. During wash cycle basket with clothes, etc, is turning clockwise at a fast speed while agitating.Normally while agitating basket turns only very slowly in relation to speed of agitator. When spinning at this time, water level in basket is going down and leaks onto floor from under the machine. The clothes are not getting washed well. When in rinse cycle tub turns counter clockwise as it should, and water seems to drain out of machine thru drain hose. Any ideas as to problem or how we can check ourselves for posibilities? Also is there a way we can get a repair manuelfor this machine?

What is the make of the unit please

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
General Electric

Yup thought so.

The transmission has gone out. It can be repaired, but it is a major tear down, and definatly not for a novice. I know experienced repair people that wont touch them. Once they go they are pretty well gone period.

As for a manual... Good luck. GE is one of the hardest to get a manual from.

I think you might wish to consider a new unit. But be sure to save the tub from this unit. They make the best burn barrels for summer nights at the camp site.

I am sure that this is not what you wanted to hear, but it is the only honest answer there is. I would appreciate it if you would honor the time I have put into researching, and answering your question by clicking on the accept button.

Thank you.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Once you have clicked on the accept button, please be sure to leave positive feed back for me.