The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

How do you remove the back panel of the dryer on a ...

How do you remove the back panel of the dryer on a whirlpool gold electric dryer. We unscrewed all of the screws and it still will not come off?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

EWhat is the model number of your unit please?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: i am going to have to call. Sears I will be right back...i know that it is a front load 27 inch whirlpool gold electric dryer bought in 2002...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i found the model # XXXXX
Ok I have just what you need. Give me a couple minuits please

Ok what I have done is upload the service manual to your unit to rapidshare.com for your retrival. All the information you need is in there.

To download this file:

Click on this link

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: i am going to do this...i will be right back with you.
I'll be right here.Smile
Start on page 13. The backs of these units do not come off. Just the top and front.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: so how would we replace the fuse? no heat is gettng to the dryer ...so we think it is the fuse or the heating element and we can not get to it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i am going to accept this so you can get paid..but we have to leave and i want to see what your answer is for this question.

Just follow the directions in the manual. They are very clear, and comprehensive. If you run into a problem just post it here and I'll walk you through it.

To get to the heating elements you will have to remove the tub. Once you get into it you will see that it really is not all that complicated to do.

Dont worry I will be here till that thing runs again. Im online every day. Some days all day depending on work. Lately that has been pretty sparse around here.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances