Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

have an amana washer that wont agitate and motor gets ...

have an amana washer that won't agitate and motor gets hot and kicks out on overload?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for using just answer!

To advise you I will need your model #, My first gut feeling is possibly something in the pump. Or the motor capacitor. But I am only speculating at this point until i see what drive system you have.
Chuck G.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the washer is being fixed by a friend in another town from me. he is not at the job site to get me a modle #at this time.i was just talking to him and he said the machine is spinning and pumping out fine, but the tranny pully will not turn at all in the agitate cycle.he said you can see the motor trying to turn ever so slightly. its the newer type amana with the pump on the motor shaft.i do repairs myself and my i'm thinking the tranny is bad. it doesn't have a cap. the only other thing i can think of is something jamming the agitater . i've never worked on an amana before so i got a hold of you to see if their i a common "won't agitate" problem with these machines? upon your reply ,i will pay the$9 no problem.i appreciate your help. sorry i didn't give you much imformation when i first contacted you.
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Thanks! good luck, Chuck