The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

goodman heating air unit gmp 100-4

Hello, I just replaced the board in my unit because I was told this was the problem and it didnt work. When the unit lights up it only stays on a few seconds then the burners shut off then it will cycle again and the same result, whats wrong with my heater.

HiCustomer

Your problem sounds like a flame sensor that is dirty. These look like a small antenna. (see below )They will be located somewhere in the fire box. Use a piece of sand paper, or steel wool, and clean it off. Try your unit again and let me know if it doesnt work.

graphicgraphic

There are other configurations of flame sensors. Some thinner. Some longer, but they still have the same basic look.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
OMG, I had a service guy out here and he told me the board had gone out and that it was a dealer only part 3 days ago and quoted me 400.00 to repair, I went on Ebay and founf the same board brand new for 69.00 and replaced it, Guy has still not called me back and now I see the part he would have replced didnt need it but I now have a new board and your info was right on, I removed it and cleaned it good with steel wool dried it off and replaced it and now it works perfect blowing heat again. Thanks so much you get an 11 from me and well worth my time on this site again.

AWSOME!!! Im glad to hear that it worked.

Please be sure to click on the accept button. It is the only way that I will be paid for helping you today.

Think of us first next time and Im sure we can spare you the high priced repairman.

If you like you may request me personally by including "For The Home Smithy" in the questions first line.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX remember to come here first everytime from now on.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Did it fund, I transferred payment into my account and its still in my account. Please help.

There should be a small YES at the bottom of this reply that you can click on to accept the answers I provided.

Thank you