Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

How can I change the bulb light(part no.(NNN) NNN-NNNN in the ...

Customer Question

How can I change the bulb light(part no.(NNN) NNN-NNNN in the microwave inside top of a Kitchenaid oven/microwave unit model no. YKEMC308KM0.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for using just answer!
This is a bit of a task, But i can step you through it!
First TURN THE POWER OFF. Remove the two screws holding the side trim pieces on. You will have to open the bottom oven door to access these screws, they are near the hinges. Remove the center black plastic grill, above the oven door , below the microwave.
Remove the two screws holding the control panel on, one on each side. Carefully lift up this panel and have your wife hold it up! This has many wires on it. Remove the black plastic grill below the control panel and above the microwave.Were getting close!

Next remove the 2 Phillips screws below the microwave that is holding the microwave to the oven frame, they are below the microwave door. Open the door of the microwave and carefully pull on the door to you, SLOWLY!, you may need to wiggle it a bit while you are pulling. The microwave oven will start to slide out. ONLY pull out far enough to replace the bulb, About 4or5 inches. You may need to move the black wire grommet in the upper right corner to free up the microwave. Replace the bulb ( cheaper at homedepot) Then reverse yourself! See that was easy right!
Good luck!
Hope this helps!
Please click ACCEPT if you are pleased with this answer - Bonuses are welcomed!
Please leave Feedback

Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you Chuck for your anser, it was just right. Customer
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Your welcome!