Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

how to fix the lights on the Dacor EOG36 outdoor ...

Customer Question

how to fix the lights on the Dacor EOG36 outdoor grill. replaced light bulbs. Switch light works. lights do not work
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Your light bulbs my not be your problem. The light circuit is 12volts, and there is a fuse in the circuit. The light bulbs are 10 watt 12 volts. The fuse is inline before the light switch.
Here is a wire diagram and service manual for your grill.

www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/outdoorgrilluseandcare.pdf

www.ajmadison.com/ajmadison/itemdocs/outdoorgrillinstall.pdf

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.

__________________
Please "ACCEPT" when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Positive Feedback is very important. Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: I have a schematic of the wiring and know that the fuse is in line before the switch. That is why I mentioned that the light on the switch illuminates when you turn the switch to on.

However just to be sure, how do you get to the fuse?
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, I am waiting for info from dacor. / chuck
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 6 years ago.
Here Is some more info, Dacor 's info is slim! but this may help.
My feelings on this is if you have no 12v at the lamp base, but your light switch is laminated, its in the wiring. But...... I seen on the breakdown that there is a micro switch in the circuit. Most likely used to turn the lights off when the lid is closed. That may be the problem. Dacor has no manual to tell you how to tear down the unit. Be sure you are using the correct lamps 12v 10 watts.
HOPE this helps you!
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck G.

__________________
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!

graphicgraphic