The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a maytag built in dishwasher, model WU103, serial # XXXXX

I have a maytag built in dishwasher, model WU103, serial # XXXXX which has stopped working. The timer appears to work in that the dial moves through the cycle, water comes into the unit, but that is all that happens inside. The water remains at the end of the cycle, and the dishes have not been washed, or even gotten wet. I need to know what you think might be wrong.

Can you hear the motor running at all? If not then I would think that it has gone out, or lost power to it.

Unfortunmatly unless you are skilled at diagnsing these machines there are just too many possibilities to go over for me to be able to walk you through each of the tests.

If you could give me the model name I may be able to locate a service manual for the unit and that will have complete diagnostics proceedures in it. I will look under the model number but the sitre I get these from uses the model name rather than the model number most times.

Awaiting your reply; THS

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is no sound from the motor, so I assume it does not work. I can find no model name, either on the dishwasher, or the operating instructions.

Does this look like your unit?