Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field

Hello I have a question about a kenmore/whirlpool ...

Hello I have a question about a kenmore/whirlpool dishwasher model 15838793. It has discontinued working except when pushing the "cancel drain" button. It counts down from "2" mins. to "0" and starts over until opening the door or shutting off the breaker; then the number"18" appears with no sound when resuming power. otherwise, the leds for "Pots and pans" and "Quick rinse" flash continuously. Is there a reset procedure that I can use?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 8 years ago.
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Your Dishwasher was built in 1998 by the whirlpool corp. Most likely the problem with your dishwasher is in the microprocessor. This part is located behind the control frame. There is no reset, short of turning the power off for 5 minutes, then reapplying the power.
There is a service tech sheet located behind the toe panel in a plastic bag, if the installer didn't remove it. The part # XXXXX the control is(NNN) NNN-NNNN or the sears # XXXXX XXXXX

Hope this helps!

Chuck G.
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using

Chuck G.

Please "ACCEPT" when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated.
Positive Feedback is very important. Bonuses are appreciated!