Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

I have a Maytag top load washing machine (LAT9420AAE) and I ...

Customer Question

I have a Maytag top load washing machine (LAT9420AAE) and I just replaced the water supply lines and now the unit won't fill. If I unplug and then plug it in it will momentarily open the valve to one of the supply lines, hot I believe, and then shut off again. I have tried low pressure, high pressure, checked the intake screens for blockage and checked the water level switch. Thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 9 years ago.
Hi Greg, Thank you for using justanswer!

Lets try something. Put your old hoses back on your machine. If you replaced your old hoses with the stainless hi pressure hoses, that might be your problem. The new stainless hoses have a anti flood device built in. Start here and let me know.

Good luck,
Chuck G.
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck

__________________
Please "ACCEPT" when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated. Positive Feedback is very important. Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Chuck G.'s Post: I removed the backflow preventers from each hose; currently each end only has a rubber washer.
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 9 years ago.
Thats what you can see..... humor me and reinstall your old hoses. Please!
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I went and retrieved the old hoses and I will put them back on sometime on Monday. Hope you don't mind waiting for the results.
Thanks, Greg
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 9 years ago.
no problem.. talk to you on Monday.
Good Luck
Chuck G.

Thank you for using justanswer.com

Chuck

__________________
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Apparently I just turned the water on too high when installing the hoses and the initial flow pressure to fill the empty hoses tripped the flood protection. Then when I took everything apart and pulled the flow restrictors it tripped every time. Just when you think a hose is a hose is a hose. I am using my new hoses; I just reset and started with very low pressure until the hoses were full of water and now everything's fine. Thanks for the patience. Sometimes it pays to read the package.:)
Expert:  Chuck G. replied 9 years ago.
Your welcome!
Thanks again,
Chuck G.