Inactive, Licensed Master Electrician
Experience:  ----------JA Verified Electrical Expert!!----------

I was browning some spareribs and on my third batch my ...

Customer Question

I was browning some spareribs and on my third batch my 8qt farberwae electric pressure cooker turned off and I can''t get it to turn back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.
Ok there is something you need to look at here. If your using this on the counter top in the kitchen - you will want to double check the GFCI to be sure the outlet did not trip off. Other thing is if the element got too hot - the thermal relay would have kicked itself off in order to protect it.

Now once you have checked this and you still have problems, - let me know.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have already check the things you mentioned. Where is the terminal rely and how do you reset it? Other electrical appliances I have a visiable reset button. This unit does not have one visiable. How do you reset it?
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.
If this unit hadsone - it would be a matter of waiting until it cooled down. Thermal relays are not a push to reset type of thing. They need to reach a certain temperature before automatically resetting. Now the other possibility is that your heating elements have burned out. If this is the case the elements will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I had come to that conclution before I wrote to you It looks like I don't need your service a this time. Thank you.
Expert:  Inactive replied 8 years ago.
Ok ill opt out and let someone else take over. Good Luck!!!