Suzanne
Suzanne, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  16 years - Appliance Service Technician
5816626

I Have a Samsung (RB2155SH) Bottom freezer refrig. 3 years ...

Customer Question

I Have a Samsung (RB2155SH) Bottom freezer refrig. 3 years old, I read the listing with same exact problem. (Sep,2007), Unit stop works and temperture display on outside read as if its working, if I unplug and plug back in right away or wait more then an hour, does not make any differance. unit starts to work and temperture display seems to read correct temperture, for example, freezer 24' and refrig 53' and reading is lowered as unit continue to work until it reaches freezer -4 refrig 32 then unit never runs again but temperture display stays at -4 and 32. I have already changed main PCB and fresh compartment sensor. same problem, any suggestion?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Suzanne replied 8 years ago.
This is going to sound odd but are the thermister ends flat tipped or round tipped?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Suzanne's Post: Thermister is round tipped.
Expert:  Suzanne replied 8 years ago.
That would be the problem! Replace the thermistors (freezer and refrigerator) and when you splice them in with the wire nuts use a good dollop of silicone sealant to seal the wire nut. For some reason during the manufacture of the round tipped ones the wire ends are not joined sufficiently with the plastic housing and they are subject to expansion and contraction and water gets between the outer plastic housing causing freezing and bad readings.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Replacing thermistors did not help.