Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My family was stationed at Hickam Field in 1950, we had no

Customer Question

Hi ****, my family was stationed at Hickam Field in 1950, we had no furniture when we moved into CPO housing on base. My father answered an ad in local paper for furniture. He came home with a living room set of the platform style Koa furniture, consisting of 2 couches, 2 end tables, a coffee table, a chair and ottman a floor lamp, and 2 4 drawer highboy chest of drawers. The chest of drawers has 1 small drawer and 3 large all of the drawers have hand carved leaves affixed to the front. Drawers fronts are mounted rabbits not dovetail. The wood in these is curly koa everything else is hand carved except for the coffee and end tables. All the furniture was purchased used in 1950. I would like to know if there is any value in these items and if the value is decreased by refinishing. The cushions are original to the set but have been recovered approximatly 2 years ago. 1 of the couches was repaired by affixing an angle iron to the back of the upright back support

Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 9 days ago.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i am certainly not satisfied with your response, since you did't even try to answer any of my questions and you have already debited my account. I would like a full r4efund immediatly.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what a scam, I am immediately disputing both charges as fraud
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 days ago.

I only asked for photos, which is common when appraising furniture and does not cost more.

I am sure you got some pop up offers from the site, but those do not come from the expert.

Still happy to help if you want to add pictures. Thanks!