Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a 1960ish blonde barbie doll with bubble cut hair.

Customer Question

I have a 1960ish blonde barbie doll with bubble cut hair. Black carrying case. I'd like to sell but don't know what to ask for it. I also have a Ken doll from same time.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My Barbie was purchased at Woolworths. She is wearing original swimsuit and heels. She has a stand. She has a black patent leather carry case. (She has a number of clothes my mother designed and sewed for her.) Ken is wearing original taupe pants and white t-shirt and loafers.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: I was looking for markings and saw Barbie has Barbie written on her back right buttock. It says something else but its too undefined to read.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 13 days ago.

Please send images of the face, body and bottom of feet of Barbie doll at your convenience.

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 11 days ago.

Hi~

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 9 days ago.

Hi~

~Nora

Expert:  Nora replied 8 days ago.

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora