Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I bought a kitchen table set over 13 years ago at an estate

Customer Question

I bought a kitchen table set over 13 years ago at an estate sale .... but can't find anything on it .... it needs to be refinished but I do know that it is cherry wood the table has claw feet and I also found tags under the chairs one is a registration number of CA-27092 and another tag that has a warranty number of 995060000511 it also has like writings of 1851 under each of the chairs !!!! I'm trying to find a value or something about the manufacturer of this kitchen table
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.

Please post pictures of the item(s) and any maker's marks or signatures by clicking the Add Files link.
The link will prompt you to locate the file you'd like to attach from your computer.
You can repeat this process to attach more than one picture.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Here are some photos like I said it does need refinished the seats I replaced the fabric on because they were dirty I'm sure that drops the value too ... anything you could find out would be great ... the value too thank you
Expert:  Rarewares replied 7 days ago.

This is a cherry Federal style table from 1938

and a set of Chippendale style chairs with reupholstered

vinyl seats. The set would have been made by a manufacturer in

California in the late 1930's, but the exact one would be unknown

because both the Chippendale and Federal styles were made by most furniture

makers at that time. The set in this condition has a current value of $600 to $800 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are Layerhome.com, Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Chairish.com, Ioffer.com,
Furnishly.com, Deconet.com, Lushpad, Krrb.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. Bonuses are also welcome!