Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  A noted expert, author, TV personality, appraiser and columnist. President, Association of Online Appraisers. Author of 3 books on collecting.
57035021

I have a very old 9.5 x 9.5 octagon framed picture of a

I have a very old 9.5 x 9.5 octagon framed picture of a blond girl kneeling in a field of flowers- the artist is c max. How do I tell if this is a real painting or a copy?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: All I really know is that my mom gave it to me several years ago and she said its been in the family a long time-she told me to hang on to it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not having any kind of experience with this-no. I do have a picture of it the front, back and signature on my phone if you would like me to send it to you.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

I do need to see your pictures. Here is some help with posting pictures:

Please see our help page for help uploading images.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was texted I have a response to my question. I paid my fee. Where do I find this answer

I am so sorry - I have not yet received your pictures. I will contact Support and try to find them.

Did you send the pictures to***@******.***,and did you gt a response from them saying they had received your pictures?

Hello again,

Customer Support says they have received no email or pictures from you. Can you try again please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I resent the pictures yesterday to the support email address they gave. I used the id number they also gave

Did you get a response from them saying they had received your pictures?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I did not. Is there a different way I can send these? Is there a phone number I can send them to?

No, if you want to send pictures from your phone, this is the way: Just attach them to an email to *****@******.***. In the email, tell them your user name and mine (Judith-on-Antiques) and tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category. If the email address you use on your phone is different from the email address you used to register with Just Answer, then give them the email address you used to register.

You can send email from your phone, right?

Welcome back! I have your pictures.

You have a print.

The original painting was done by Corneille Max (1875 - 1924). He particularly like painting children.

I can see a brown stain running across your print, and that will seriously lower the value of this picture.

If it is in otherwise very good condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your picture is approximately $40. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $16, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.
If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.
I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button), at no extra cost to you. Your positive rating is how I am credited for my work. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.
Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?
Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users. Experts are only paid when and if you, the customer, leaves a favorable rating.
Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no additional cost to you.

Thanks for your positive rating!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.
Best regards,
Judith-on-Antiques