LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

I have a set of service for 12 with serving pieces of Crown

Customer Question

I have a set of service for 12 with serving pieces of Crown cbacba2 and desire to get a value for an estate sale.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: This pattern is listed on replacements.com. MY mother got it from a business partner who's mother brought it from the "old country' when she immigrated. That all the provenance I know.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It is very good condition, I have had it since 1993 and it has not been used.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is***** am acertified apprasier and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to research this and I shall post back when completed. I look forward to helping you

Would you like individual prices or the set as a whole? What serving pieces do you have all of them?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I believe it is a complete set with serving pieces. A price for the set would be wonderful. Thanks

Thank you I will work on this and post back when completed.

Hi Thank you for your patience this is a very nice set.Crown Bavaria was made starting in 1936 The number for the name above you gave me I did look it up on replacements and found that the pattern is floral, bird on branch with red trim. I then was able to find the pieces and values in the newest guide book of fine china to help you have the most accurate in value today.

I will go over all pieces to name them and value then in the end an overall value as I want to be sure I have covered all pieces in your set and you can delete the pieces you do not have.

Serving pieces are as follows:

relish dish...............65.00

round covered butter dish............ 145.00

round covered vegetable dish.............. 195.00

gravy boat with attached bottom dish................ 165.00

17" oval platter.......................... 235.00

12"oval platter ...............180.00

oval covered dish ..............160.00

creamer............... 45.00 sugar with lid ...............65.00

10" oval vegetable bowl...................... 125.00

Then have the service for 12 which comprises of the following pieces:

cup and saucer................48.00

dinner plate......................35.00

salad plate...................22.00

bread and butter plate................. 12.00

fruit/dessert bowl...................... 20.00

To sell the entire set as a whole the value would be $2799.00 and I would ask $3200.00 to start with and you can take offers. If there are all the above pieces and no chips, cracks or breakage the lowest price I would suggest would be 2500.00 I have tried to give you some values to work with as the set came with her so it is a rare set and one of the early sets to this pattern.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.