LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

This clock has no name on the dial. When I got the clock it

This clock has no name on the dial. When I got the clock it had a tag attached that says "1860 wooden French clock Gold Leaf Porcelein dial Silk suspension. Please see pictures and advise on make, era, and value.

Hello my name si Tanya I am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. Please allow me to look over the photos and post back when completed.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for the help so Tanya. It is very much appreciated. Mike

Thank you for your patience. This clock is wonderful and looks to be in good condition done in French Neoclassicism This was the period of conscious use of Greek and Roman forms, gold gilding was used to bring elegance to the pieces and this shows all of these points. The age is 1820-1840 period and the value of this clock is 1200.00 if it does not work and 3200.00 if the clock works and keeps time. Beautiful piece. It would take a master clocksmith to do any repairs to keep it original in structure having the silk suspension. You would not want to have the clock restored unless they can do the delicate work required.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars: 1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.